Tuesday 2 February 2010

My Favourite Personal Development Books



A Message from Noelyne......

There has been a phenomenal increase in the number of books available aimed at helping you with some problem, pain or goal you want to achieve.  When I first started getting interested in Personal Development in the 1990's you would be lucky to find one shelf full in Waterstone's.  The other day whilst enjoying a coffee in Border's I glanced up at the Self Help section which covered 5 columns and 5 shelves in each column.  Where do you start?  

The way I used to purchase books was to go and browse and then see what 'jumped out' at me.  Which one caught my eye or attention.  It was normally the right book for me at that moment in time.  Nowadays I tend to be a little more focused and buy books to move me forward with a particular topic for example, one of my most recent is by Robert Cialdini - Influence - The Psychology of Persuasion.  It's a work in progress!

So I thought I would list my top ten personal development/most influential books:

Living Your Best Life - Laura Berman Fortgang
You can Heal Your Life - Louise Hay
Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway - Susan Jeffers
The Life Coaching Handbook - Curly Martin
The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success - Deepak Chopra
Awaken the Giant Within - Anthony Robbins
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People - Stephen R. Covey
Rich Dad Poor Dad - Robert Kiasaki
Think and Grow Rich - Napolean Hill
The Speed of Trust - Stephen M R Covey


Oh and The Science of Getting Rich is worth taking a look at too.


Of course there are countless more.  One way to decide which one to start with is to work out exactly what you want to know?  What's your problem?  What do you want to learn?  What are you looking to solve?


I'll share some of my favourite internet sites soon too.


Enjoy reading and learning and if you get stuck contact me and I'll get you unstuck, 


Enjoy the process!


Noelyne Jones


P.S. My Free Special Report is essential reading too Click here to request your immediate download
www.howtoovercomeyourfears.com


 

No comments: