Monday 1 March 2010

Life experiences - Holiday

 
A Message from Noelyne.....

I've just returned from a week's ski-ing holiday in the beautiful Austrian resort of Lech.  I had an absolutely wonderful time with the holiday exceeding my expectations.  A smooth journey to the resort, flying into Innsbruck has to be done for the spectacular scenery, lovely hotel, friendly professional staff, excellent food with wine included, superb snow conditions, sun during the day and snow at night, a ski host to take us around the mountain and lovely friendly guests in the hotel. 

And what's more I got such a lot in terms of personal development and achievement even though I was on holiday.  I've had a three year gap since the last time I skied so I was wary of my level of fitness, despite having done lots of ski exercises before going.  These paid off as I was soon hurtling around the mountain trying to keep up with the ski host.  I found out later that they do this on purpose the first day to test us and sort out the true intermediates and to encourage people who need to join ski school to do so.  I managed to keep up!

I travelled alone on holiday and without exception people were in admiration of me for doing so.  They admired my courage.  A good reminder of my confidence levels and the fact that this year I focused on what I want and did not allow other things to stop me from doing something I am passionate about.  On one of the days after a tumble at speed I was still a little shaken when the ski host gave out the instructions for the next stage of the ski run.  I ended up catching a lift only to realise that the rest of the group were all stood on the slope below me, this meant ski-ing alone for the rest of the day and finding my own way back from St Anton to Lech, which I managed succesfully.  Again people commented on my confidence and courage.

On the 5th day I fell and my knee was injured due to the binding not being released.  Very painful and extremely doubtful that I would ski on day 6.  However, I used my Aloe MSM gel, an ice pack and rested it overnight and totally believed that my body would heal.  I skied from 10am until 5.15pm the following day. I am now completely sold on the power of Aloe Vera and the power of the mind to heal.  I drove home safely last night and was able to deliver the first of four 'Make the Best of You' workshops today in Peterborough.

I made loads of new friends and now have a ski buddy or two for next year, so all being well I will ski with friends next year.  It was also the first time that I had skied Austria since my divorce, my ex-husband and I skied in Austria every year.  The memories were fond and no longer caused pain or sadness.  I've come a long way!

Isn't life wonderful.

Enjoy the process,

Noelyne Jones

P.S. Request a copy of a Free Special Report on How to Easily Overcome Your Fears now

No comments: