Tuesday 26 January 2010

What prompted you to visit this site?



A Message from Noelyne Jones.....

What is it that you are looking to achieve?  What do you want to change?  What are you hoping to learn?  A vital aspect of taking action is wanting, or needing to do something about something?  We have a motivation to take action.
   
Jot down on a piece of paper why you visited this site.

What prompted you to do it? What do you hope to learn?

Make it as precise as you can. Describe what you want to be able to do differently from what you are doing at the moment.  Please feel free to e-mail your thoughts to me by clicking this link

These thoughts can become your goals or objectives which you may want to write in SMART terms.
I'll be covering 'How to write objectives that work' in my membership site so add your name to my mailing list by signing up for my Free Special Report on How to Overcome Your Fears in 7 Vital Steps' so that you can be one of the first to here about the launch.  The report is packed full of great tips too!

Sometimes our motivation comes from outside of ourselves (extrinsic). For example, I recently had to follow instructions to download software on to my laptop. I didn’t particularly want to do it but if I didn’t I wouldn’t be able to access my work files, there was no one else to do it for me, so I needed to learn to do it for myself.

One school of thought is that our motivation to do something is always extrinsic, we are always reacting to something outside of ourselves.

Sometimes our motivation comes from inside ourselves (intrinsic), we just feel that we want to. Maybe we take up painting or playing a sport because it makes us feel good.  Some people believe that true motivation comes from within.  If our motivation is both a need and a want then we are really motivated to learn and change!  If it is only a need we may still learn but it might not be such an enjoyable experience.

If we can identify “WIIFM” – “what’s in it for me”, the more time and effort we will put into whatever it is that we are doing.
More on motivation in another post to help you overcome your lack of motivation.

Enjoy the process!

Noelyne Jones

P.S.  Do you fear failure?  Then request a copy of my Free Special Report on How to Overcome Your Fears

No comments: