Saturday 16 January 2010

Overcoming low levels of trust

I felt the need to write some more about Trust as I feel it is another fundamental criteria for overcoming your fear and ensuring success.  If you think about it relationships are vital to everything we do, unless you have chosen to lead the life of a hermit, but even then you have a relationship with yourself.  In Stephen M.R. Covey's book 'The Speed of Trust' his focus first is on Self-Trust.

I had not thought about this before and it was quite enlightening.  There are some exercises in the book that you can complete to check out your self-awareness of trust.  If you have low levels of self trust then you will also probably have low levels of trust for others.  Thankfully you can build your levels of self trust quite easily.  For example, I love to do yoga and for the past six months I have not found time to practise and this has been bothering me.  I kept promising myself that I will do it today or one day this week and then would not get round to it.  I was letting myself down.  To build your levels of trust you need to honour the commitment or promise you have made to yourself.  So that day I promised that I would do my yoga and I did.  I felt brilliant and this action builds self-trust.  When I promise to do something for myself I know I will.

This of course leads onto relationship trust, which I'll cover in another blog post.

All the best,
Noelyne

P.S. Buy the book here The Speed of Trust: The One Thing That Changes Everything

No comments: