Wednesday 9 December 2009

Feeling Hurt?

Another emotion that can be quite debilitating is Hurt. When you feel hurt it normally means that you have an expectation that has not been met. Often other people are involved.

Anthony Robbins in his book ‘Awaken the Giant Within’ states that ‘Hurt often dominates human relationships. Feelings of hurt are usually generated by a sense of loss. You normally feel hurt as a result of having an expectation of someone else that has not been met.’

The solution
• Ask yourself ‘Is this person really trying to hurt me? Maybe they don’t realise the impact of their actions on your life.
• Re-evaluate the situation and ask yourself ‘Am I judging too harshly?’
• A third solution could be to communicate your feeling of loss to the person. For example: - ‘The other day when x-y-z happened, I misinterpreted that to mean that you didn’t care, and I have a sense of loss. Can you clarify for me what really happened?’

I have tried this and it works. I found that the hurt disappears in a matter of moments.

So overcome feeling hurt and take action now. Life is too short to be held back by emotions that may be as a result of a misunderstanding.

Noelyne

No comments: