Friday 18 December 2009

Are you afraid to make mistakes?

I remember a time when I stopped myself from doing things because I was afraid to make a mistake. I needed to practice or be good at whatever it was before I could particpate. Does this sound familiar? It's easier not to do things rather than take action and make a fool of yourself. You stop yourself from joining in for fear of people laughing at you or making fun. The fear of how embarrassing that would feel.

Do you know what? The fear of making a mistake is far worse than actually making a mistake. I am sure you will agree that fear is a thought that creates a sinking horrible unresourceful feeling that stops you in your tracks. The good news is that once you are aware of the thought you can change it! It's that easy.

Think about it.....when did you last make a mistake? What happened? Was it really that bad? What did other people say? Were they bothered? Did they even notice?

In my experiences I have learned most from the mistakes I have made. When things don't turn out how you expected it's the universe giving you feedback and an opportunity to change what you are doing, to learn.

So go ahead and give yourself permission to make loads of mistakes and enjoy the process! Have fun!

All the best,

Noelyne

P.S. Sign up for my Free Special Report on How to Overcome Your Fears.

No comments: