Monday 4 October 2010

A new role

A Message from Noelyne...



Life continues to throw challenges for me to overcome.  Just when you thought everything was sorted along comes another situation to handle.  Since coming back from holiday in August I've been working full time on a training design contract, getting used to living with my partner and his two teenage sons, overcoming the problems caused by the ex-tenant at my rental property and handling my partner's stress levels whilst he was waiting to go into hospital for major surgery on his back.  And now that he is out of hospital I have a new role of nurse.

I'm now overcoming the challenges of looking after a loved one who is still in pain from the operation and confined to bed for the time being.  It's not easy to understand what the other person is feeling and there have been a couple of occasions when I have misinterpreted his request.  Have you done that?  You think the person is joking or messing around, like they normally do and you fail to notice that they are being serious perhaps because you have put your mind to something else.  Then it's fireworks as pain and stress of managing the pain explode because they are not egtting what they need staright away.  I'm learning to respond immediately just in case.



At least it confirms that I was right not to follow a profession as a nurse or carer.  I admire people in those professions even more now.

Thankfully, my training contract has come to an end now and I can focus on caring full-time.

I'll keep you updated with progress,



Noelyne

P.S. Request a copy of my Free Special Report here

No comments: