Tuesday 5 October 2010

Is this one challenge too much to overcome?

A Message from Noelyne....


I'm only one week into caring for my partner and my brain feels addled.  How do you cope with caring responsibilities, working full time and having a life?  My hat is well and truly off to people who do this.


I know I can handle whatever happens and it's about adjusting my approach to life for the time being.  That's the things at least I know he will recover.  Many people face a lifetime of caring for someone who will continue to be dependent on them.

My priorities have changed.  My focus is caring for my partner and assisting his return to full health.  And of course looking after the needs of the boys. Whilst preparing for my partner to go into hospital I knew that it would be different and that I would have sole responsibility and you think that you can handle it and continue with daily routines.  However, it's only when you actually get there that you really find out what it's like.


The thing that has dropped down my list of priorities is my business.  I am fortunate that I am in a position to allow this to happen.  I can keep things ticking over in just 30 mins a day.  I'm going to have to postpone my action plan in terms of business building however, it's only for a short period.  At the end of the day I value my partner and my family more than I do my business.  They are all important it's just that my family come first.


So to answer my question: Is this one challenge too much to overcome?  If I continued to put unreasonable demands on myself and have too high of expectations then the answer is 'YES'.  Even I have my limits.

So to ensure you overcome your challenges the important thing is to know what is important, know your limits and prioritise.  Then put your heart and soul into what you have chosen to do.

It must be time for his next cup of tea.

Enjoy the process of life,

Noelyne Jones

P.S. Request a copy of my FREE Special Report - How to Overcome Your Fears
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: