Thursday 16 September 2010

Starting Over Without Him 3

A Message from Noelyne.....



One of the biggest fears that I had when starting over without him was coping financially.  I had been used to living quite comfortably with my husband as the main source of income.  I had my own income from my job however, this was considerably less than my husband.  I was panicky and really didn't know how I would cope. Have you ever felt so panicky that you freeze?  You don't know what to do and bury your head in the sand hoping it will all go away.  Does the worry of having enough money to start over without him stop you from taking action?

Fear and panic can be debilitating.  It makes you want to run away instead of facing reality and handling whatever is happening.

Step 3 :  Accept your situation and know that you can handle whatever happens.

In financial terms I had to accept that I was on a low income and then adjusted my lifestyle accordingly.  For example, I downsized my living accommodation so that I could manage the monthly outgoings.  I took control of my finances and made sure that my outgoings did not exceed my income.

It will be a huge learning curve as you take responsibility for everything with no-one to turn to to help make decisions.  Initially this will be a challenge however, over time it becomes easier and eventually you will prefer not to have to consult with someone before taking a decision.  That's for another time!  I'll start a new series of blogs for coping with a new relationship.

For now you need to focus on surviving from day to day, making decisions for yourself, go about your daily routine as you start to rebuild your life.  Routines are excellent for keeping you sane.  Caring for children or elderly parents and attending daily employment keep your mind focused and stop it from wandering onto negative thoughts.  As each day passes you will start to feel stronger.

Don't worry about setting long term goals.  Focus on the goal of rebuilding your life from day to day.  More starting over without him tips in the next blog.

Enjoy the process of life, 

Noelyne Jones

P.S. Free Special Report on How to Overcome Your Fears click here 

No comments: