Friday 27 August 2010

Adjusting to changes in your life

A Message from Noelyne...

It's been a hectic few months with lots of change in my life happening so quickly that I've not yet had time to adjust.  What I mean is getting used to the changes to my lifestyle.  Prior to my partner and his boys moving in I had a very peaceful routine that worked extremely well for me.  Living alone means that you have no one else to answer to and can come and go as you please and live as you please.  Mornings were a quiet affair while I prepared myself for the day ahead. A combination of ablutions, meditation, exercise and breakfast.  If I wanted the radio on I would but sometimes I enjoy the peace and quiet not to be disturbed.

The other morning I'm quietly minding my own business as I go about the process of waking up.  Bearing in mind that the dishwasher now needs emptying every morning, there's four times as much rubbish to put out and constantly dirty dishes to clear away.  I'm not complaining in fact I am thankful for having a roof over my head and all these things to do.....my mind has just wandered to the people of Pakistan, which really puts all this into perspective.

There I am going about the process and my partner comes in and says 'You don't look happy'.  I was taken aback by his comment and totally unprepared and allowed it to upset me.  The discussion that followed allowed us to raise a couple of other things that were bothering both of us.  I've reflected since that morning and realised that my normal morning routine had been totally disrupted and that I needed to get back to doing the things that work for me i.e. the meditation and visualistion.  It's about adjsuting to the changes whilst retaining all that works for you.

I've lost the quiet peaceful early mornings however, I've gained so much more than that.  Sharing in the elder boys fantastic GCSE results this week and his success in a local competition at the gym, family meals, sharing and discussions, love and so much more.
My partner went out early this morning, the boys are in bed and I have just written this blog after meditating.

Bliss!

What have you stopped doing that is essential to your peace of mind?

Enjoy the process of life,

Noelyne Jones

P.S. Send for a copy of my Free Special Report here
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: