Sunday 4 July 2010

Too afraid to admit you are afraid?

A Message from Noelyne...

I remember a time when I would not say 'Boo to a goose'!  I was desperately shy and desperate to do well at everything.  During my childhood it was to impress my Mum and then when I started work it was to impress by boss.  I thought fear meant that I was inadequate in some way.  I thought asking for help meant that I had failed and for a long time my strategy worked quite well so long as I conformed to what other people wanted and followed the rules that they had set.  Do you stop yourself from admitting that you need help?  Do you worry about what others will think of you if you admit you don't know how to do something?  Do you think they will see you as useless or inadequate or not capable?  Do you view fear as a weakness?  Do you stop yourself from sharing your fears with famly, friends or colleagues?

I now realise it's the people who feel the fear and then reach out and ask for help that move forward much quicker in life.  They build a network of people who they trust.  People to turn to when they need support.  The people who ask questions instead of feeling that they will look stupid if they do.  Remember there's no such thing as a stupid question only the one you don't ask.

Feeling fear is a sign of growth in yourself.  If you don't feel fear now and again it probably means you are stuck.  So be thankful for that fear and see it as a positive sign.

Enjoy the process of life,

Noelyne Jones

P.S. For help in overcoming your fears request my Free Special Report here
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: