Friday 2 July 2010

Learning to be patient pays off

A Message from Noelyne....

Do you get impatient and want things to happen straight away and then get upset when they don't?

Three years ago when I was made redundant and went freelance I imagined one day going back to work as a consultant trainer for my previous employer. I imagined how good it would feel walking back in knowing that I could walk away whenever I wanted. Knowing that I was successfully in business for myself. Knowing that I could share my new business knowledge to improve performance.

At the end of May 2010 I started a training contract with my previous employer.  And yesterday I walked back into the HQ of the organisation.  My thoughts of three years earlier have become reality and it was an amazing feeling.  It felt familiar and reassuring and my confidence was at an all time high.

I used to want things immediately I thought of them. Have you ever felt like that? You decide you want something and then get impatient and frustrated when it doesn't happen straight away. The more you don't have it the more you want it. It can become an obsession.

I've learnt to overcome impatience. It's not a resourceful feeling, impatience that is. It makes you appear desperate and needy. 'Patience is a virtue' - so true!

Knowing that you will receive what you ask for in good time is a much better approach in my opinion and based on experience.  Knowing how to be patient is important to ensure your success.

A word of warning though.. You need to realise that it might not turn out exactly as you expect.


Enjoy the process of life,

Noelyne Jones

P.S. Overcome your fears of never being patient with my Free Special Report


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: