Tuesday 25 May 2010

How Limiting Beliefs Keep you Safe and Make it Easy Not to Take Action.

A Message from Noelyne...

After a recent session that I delivered on the difference between Limiting Beliefs and Empowering Beliefs a discussion followed amongst the group.  For some it was quite revealing how their beliefs about themselves were keeping them stuck and stopping them from achieving their full potential.

One person realised that she was continually saying that she is not confident and that she can't do things.

Another person realised that she was being heavily influenced by people around her and that she had started to believe some of the comments from other people, which were undermining her confidence totally, such as 'You are too stupid to do that'.  It was stopping her from taking action.

I shared the concept that people come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime which is a belief that I hold to be true.  Throughout my life whenever I have had a problem then someone has come along to help me solve it.  If I needed to learn something then another person comes along to teach me.  Some people have been in my life for a long time and I know they will stay.  Some people had not heard of this and found it inspiring.

It lead to another comment from a particpant around a belief that many people have and that is the idea that your life is mapped out for you so no matter what action you take it won't make a difference.  The idea that there is a big plan for each individual.  It struck me later that this could be a limiting belief as it encourages the person to sit back and wait for the grand plan to unfold.  You could end up drifting along and getting nowhere.  It would be quite convenient at the end of your life to look back and say, well that's what was intended for me, there was nothing I could do.


If you want to know how to identify any beliefs that could be limiting you and how to overcome them I encourage you to join my Personal Achiever's Club where each week I provide step by step lessons on how to overcome things such as this.  You get a toolkit of resources to boost your confidence and self-esteem and empower you forever.

Enjoy the process of life,

Noelyne

P.S. Request a copy of my Free Special Report on How to Easily Overcome Your Fears.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: