Monday 1 November 2010

Getting back into a routine

A Message from Noelyne...


For the last two weeks since the new pup arrived my normal daily routine has been totaly disrupted.  Who would have thought that something so small could create such havoc?  Although I now understand the reason for my mother's comment 'Are you sure about this?  Do you realise what you are taking on?'

Well I thought I had prepared but not enough.  So Yes Mum you were right!  Although in fairness we thought that my partner was going to be able to be much more involved in the daily caring for the new arrival.  As it transpires it's best if he keeps away from her altogether as the urge to bend down to her to discipline and show affection is too much and this has created a few aches and pains in his back.  We really do not want to undo the terrific work that the surgeon has done.  So it's down to little old me.


My lovely routine that keeps me energised and focused and motivated went totally out of the window the moment we brought her home.  I know it will get better as she grows and learns the boundaries that we want.  In fact the third week is starting to feel much better and I am starting to feel human again.  I'm even finding time to brush my teeth!!

Part of the problem for me is that having a pet is not a priority for me.  It's my partner's goal and his younger son also wanted a dog too.  I knew that I would be involved but not quite to the extent that I am experiencing.  She has taken over my life for the past two weeks so much so that my goals and priorities have been forced into second place.  Notice I say forced.  I was naive enough to think that the dog would fit in with my schedule.....however, when she needs to go she needs to go regardless of what business deal I am making.
She is adorable though and a complete darling and well worth the change of routine.   I had no idea it was so wonderful outside in the dark at 6am, with the birds slowly waking up.

Enjoy the process of life,

Noelyne Jones

P.S. Get a copy of my Free Special Report on How to Overcome Your Fears here
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: