Thursday 29 January 2015

Blogging may be easy to do,it's the desire, persistence and determination that lets you down!

A Message from Noelyne....

I've just read my previous post which I posted when I remembered that I can use my phone to blog. The skill of blogging combined with the ease of access to social media makes keeping in touch very easy. Yet it's nearly 4 months since my last post... So what's that all about.

Desire comes into it. You have to want to do something and it needs to be compelling, a burning desire. There also need to be a strong reason why. What's the reason you want to do whatever you want to do? In my case, what's the reason that I want to blog? What's my burning desire? What compels me to blog?

My reason for blogging was a marketing tool to reach people who could benefit from my particular skills and knowledge. To share my ideas so that others could learn from my mistakes. It was also to share recommended products and receive a small commission for any purchases made as a result of my recommendations. It was also a great way of getting myself noticed, raise my profile as a coach and trainer.  Many bloggers make a full time living from blogging and some have become very wealthy.

It's a great way to build a list of people interested in what you do too. I was very successful at that in the early days of blogging as I followed a set process and I was determined and persistent too. Then life challenges happen... other things take priority, my relationship was suffering as I was spending a lot of time delivering training and attached to my laptop. Then my partner had a major op and my health suffered too, so blogging went to the bottom of the list of priorities. Have you ever been in that situation?

I realised that health and close relationships are the most important aspect of my life. They are my top values. Connecting with and helping other people is also important it's just that they are lower down the list.  Deciding what's important to you in life affects your decision making.  There are many people who would have continued blogging or working hard at the expense of their health and relationships. And that's a life choice. Neither choice is wrong or right. It's about deciding what's most important to you.

And when you've done something before, you know that you can start again, if you really want to.  Success in life comes from the quality of the relationships that you have and then the persistence and determination to make it work.

Life's challenges make you that little bit stronger every time. My partner has had two major operations in the past 4 years and he's due to go in for another. I don't want him to go through it again however, I know that he will be so much better and pain free as a result. My role is to stay strong for him and too continue supporting him as much as possible.

I've also been very fortunate over the past three years with the volume of training courses that I have been asked to deliver. Training and Development has been a passion for a significant part of my life. It's something that comes easily and naturally to me and so has been my focus whilst I have had other challenges in my personal life.

Perhaps I'm ready to spread my wings again and step outside my comfort zone and start making new connections....

Enjoy the process of life,

Noelyne

P.S. Sign up for my Free Special report and receive regular updates direct to your in box

No comments: