Thursday 28 August 2008

Summer Holidays

I love them. In fact I love holidays and travelling and just spending time away exploring. This year my family joined me in Devon for three weeks so that I could honour the training contract I agreed to in December 2007.

For the first time ever I have found the holiday a challenge. In that I have not really got to that point of total relaxation and feeling of being totally away from it all. I have been delivering training two days a week, which I also love to do however, it has totally disrupted the holiday for my partner and his boys. This has increased the stress levels. Added to the challenge of keeping two very energetic boys entertained and happy, has meant sleepless nights, despite copious amounts of Rose wine and the odd glass of cider. Well it is Summer after all. And of course, I have not been able to sit out on the veranda of an evening to watch the sunset. I'm in Devon remember, heavy rain and gales!

What have I learned?

I need to keep the amount of time devoted to working whilst on holiday to a minimum i.e. 20 mins daily to check e-mails. I need easy access to the internet to do this. I need slightly more sunshine than 5 hours in a three week period! Next year will be a holiday in the sun in a 5 star hotel with full access to the internet and all the other trimmings. Thank you!

Did some spectacular walks on Dartmoor though and will definitely come back. Have fallen in love!

Speak soon

Noelyne

No comments: